Thursday, December 10, 2009

Love

How would you feel if the one you love (whom you think does not love you), actually loves you too? But it was too late when you have learned it since he is already in somebody else's arms?

In my own point of view, I think the problem there is not love. The problem is that either of the two might have pretended that they do not have the "love" in their heart so it ended that way. Circumstances have tested the love they have for each other but the man might not have stood up for the love that he has.

Filipino culture dictates that it is really the man who has to make the first move, right? But there are also Filipinas who are becoming very liberal. In my case, I still prefer to uphold our culture. I always believe in LOVE. However, I do not force myself to someone whom I think does not give me the love that I deserve. Though I may have feelings for that man also, I still prefer to wait for him to do the first move. "Forced marriage" is not part of my vocabulary. If one has to marry me, it must be that he initiated the idea and not that he will marry me because of false or made-up reasons. After all, after the wedding or the marriage, what will bite me is reality. I may have the man as my husband on a piece of paper (contract) but I may never have his heart. As the saying goes "You may force the horse to go with you to a riverbank but you cannot force the horse to drink the water in the river."

No comments: