Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Regional Teachers' Day

I was one of those invited to attend the Regional Teachers' Day yesterday at the DepEd Regional Office Gym.

It was also the day set for awarding of outstanding teachers and school heads. One of the Leyte Division Supervisor said to me, you were invited because soon you will also be an outstanding teacher.

There were renowned speakers who discussed different topics but the one who has touched me most was the first speaker. It was the story of the ant which has somehow enlightened my mind.

My mind is clouded with so many negative ideas at present. There are so many things that I wanted to do for my students and for the school in general but various factors overshadow my heart and mind... (So sorry, can't divulge these factors here)
"You are working not for anybody in this world. If no one appreciates you, take note Someone up there sees your good deeds," Ma'am Cheche said.

It was like a hammer blow on my head. She is right. Why am I discouraged when all that I do is for no one else but to God?

No comments: