Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sown Seeds

“Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” - Robert Louis Stevenson

I firmly agree to the above-mentioned quotation. Circumstances/events have led me to see its verity. Here are some situations:

Situation # 1
In the recently conducted Division Secondary Schools Press Conference (DSSPC), two of my students were able to win in the individual writing contests (English Category). Almera won 5th in Feature Writing and 6th in Editorial Writing, while Abegail ranked 5th in Sports Writing.
Winning in these categories was not made overnight. Imagine, there were 50 schools all over the Division of Leyte who joined. Only top seven were chosen as winners.
It took me months to train them. I know sometimes they might have felt very tired of writing and writing but I told them that gold needs much polishing before it would shine brilliantly.

Situation # 2
In one of my visits to Naval, Fr. Jun Amante invited me to have lunch at the convent of Naval. He even fetched me to the terminal. I really appreciated his gesture of kindness but deep inside of me I am really amazed for we seldom see each other but he has tried to show to me that we are close friends. When I sent him a text message expressing gratitude, he responded: Because your parents were so kind to me, you are now reaping the fruits of the seed they have implanted in me.

These are but two of representative situations which would prove that whatever seeds you sow, you will definitely reap their fruits in the future.

On the other hand, despite of kind seeds (good seeds at that)planted, there are people who find happiness in trying to uproot sprouting seeds. This happens most especially if the seed you planted looks like a promising young tree... Several situations also have opened my eyes to this reality. At any rate, if the seed you planted is on a fertile ground, there is 75% up possibility that it will still survive.

Let us not be tired of sowing good seeds.

Let us fill the world with the fruits of the seeds we have implanted.

Never mind the detractors for in life's story there are always antagonists or villain. So long as we are not the villains, we have to continue our pursuit of filling the world with good seeds...

No comments: