Thursday, October 9, 2008

Smile

"A smile means nothing but gives much..."





During the search for Little Miss Sto. Rosario, the talent that I liked best was that of Angel but it is only the way she delivered the piece which needs to be improved still. However, the message of her piece was splendid.




It was all about "smile."



When I was still working at Leyte Normal University - Integrated Laboratory School (LNU-ILS), my students called me the "Smiling Teacher."
At present, my students call me the "Tiger Teacher." Can you see the irony? Well, it is not because I do not smile to them but it is because I wear a facade when in front of the kind of students I have at present. My goal is for my students to be "globally competitive"ones. In reaching such a goal, an element of being strict is necessary because if you will be lenient with them, all the more that they would not learn the skills that they really need.
The pictures I have posted were taken last night. You are free to give me comments regarding the pictures I have posted...

6 comments:

Marianne Abe Pasayloon said...

keep smiling te because they said it will make you more young and beautiful.... (charzZz..)


say cheese!!!!!!!! (",)

angelo said...

Good day ma'am, can I ask you something ma'am? I hope you could answer this. How can you identify a real smile from a fake one? A hint would be enough, I badly need to know something about my question 'cause everyone seems to be smiling on me but I don't think all of them were real. Smiling really is a good approach but it could also be an effective mask. To hide pains from inside. And to made oneself look ok even if he/she is not.

Inday May said...

To Angelo:
I agree that people use smile in different ways. The sincerity of a smile is seen in the eyes of a person. "The eyes is the window of the soul," is a perfect quote to support the previous idea I gave.

Unknown said...

Smile will make you more young and beautiful as your younger sister said,well its true as i look through your pictures posted.But I began to wonder why you are called a "tiger teacher" in your present school but in LNU you are called "smiling teacher", what makes it difference? I wonder why you are so strict in your present students. And about the picture you said we are free to comment, you look prettier in personal. "hehe"

_* rye *_ said...

There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all. As I read this inspiring blog, I can say that teacher May is really an artifact of LNU bethink. I was once came from LNU and just step out then last March 2007. Actually, she’s not as “tiger” as my professors there I had meet. Ate May can tell you that,heheh..And I myself exploit as motivator of young minds in the same school as I toke up my internship. As a future educator, I can say that a smile itself motivates your learner’s instructive attainments.

Joseph said...

A phrase “SMILE” is a sweet word that makes everyone motivated in so many things.
As I read your blog I understand the meaning of your smile and not smiling. All I can say don’t be affected if your students called you a “Tiger Teacher" since you are in the right path, acting as smart teacher molding your students become competitive one in so many things. Time comes that your students realized what you have done today when they are in the field (the actual competition).