Friday, August 22, 2008

Butterflies

Yesterday evening, a brown butterfly entered my room. Nanay Felisa (younger sister of the mother of my mother) was the one who saw it first. She has this belief that butterflies bring news. So she said, "butterfly for whom is the news you have brought? Will you fly and stay near that person." Should i say luckily or unluckily? Let's be positive. Luckily, the butterfly stopped flying and stayed on the ceiling directly aligned to my head. Brown butterflies bring money, that's another belief. Whatever is the meaning of the butterfly visit, the effect to me was more of a reminder.
A butterfly signifies a male. A flower is to a female. Butterlies fly around or even near a flower. A flower oftentimes enjoy its presence especially if it is multi-colored but no matter how hard a flower prays that a particular butterfly would stay, it just cannot be.
A friend sent me this message before:
"Once there was a butterfly in my palm, but I let it fly not because I do not love it but because I wanted it to enjoy with the flowers and the bees. Keeping it in my palm won't make it the best butterfly it can be, so from a distance I am happier watching it fly and play in the garden while the sun is still shining 'cause when the rain comes, i'll know, if it truly loves me, it will fly back to me..."
Personally, I enjoy the presence of butterflies hovering around me but I've already had my part of loving and losing. Because of that experience, my senses were opened - that a butterfly comes and goes. Yes, but there will always be one butterfly who would stay rain or shine with you. Well, that butterfly may be out there still, someday (in God's time) that butterfly will be able to find me.

1 comment:

Quantum said...

cheers to the survivors (pareha nato, hahahaha) we set free. we just have to held our breath as we watched them fly away.