Thursday, August 14, 2008

On Education

It is the schedule of our periodical test today and tomorrow. My subject's schedule was at 2:30 to 4p.m. For almost 3 years with Department of Education, you know what I've witnessed in terms of students efforts during the test is disheartening.

If you are a teacher, you know what I mean. For the sake of those who are not, making a periodical test is not easy. There are many aspects you need to consider and most of all, the cross of most teachers is the making of Table of Specification (TOS). Teachers take days before they finish a test.

What is disheartening? Students submit the test within only five minutes. How could that be? Something is really wrong with most students. It seems to me that they do not know the importance of education and that they do not have a clear vision of where to go and what to do with their lives.

I still can clearly picture out what my classmates and I do when we know that a teacher will give a long test especially if it is a periodical test. We burn midnight candles. During vacant periods, we take turns in having a Q & A.

In fairness, there are also good students but there are only a handful of them. I wish students really will give value to their education. Education indeed has helped me a lot. Having a good scholastic record, work looks for me ( I mean it!). After graduation, I had a chance to work at my alma Mater. When I decided to work with DepEd, schools heads were trying to convince me to work at their respective school. Parents ask me to tutor their children after school and during week ends. Writing opportunities knock on my door.

If these students, want to have a better life than what they have at present, EDUCATION is the KEY.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well, what should i say..another inspiring record..you should also show this to other students because it'll help them with their studies which they found out difficult..but i bet they will not have difficulties after they read this..