Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Keeping Oneself Busy

Have I told you I was about to enter the convent? Not yet, I was an outside aspirant of Daughters of Saint Paul way back in 2001-2003. I had a great time with the sisters at DSP Tacloban. They were so kind to me. In fact, some of those who join the search in told me they can see the bias of the sisters because it seemed to them that I am very dear to the sisters. Nevertheless, our decisions change. After graduation in college, I had an opportunity to work at my Alma Mater. I accepted it. I enjoyed teaching and I realized I could serve God better when I teach.
One of the lessons I have learned from the sisters is to keep ourselves busy. In doing so, you avoid sin, that is what Sister Pia said. From that time I heard those words, I can't forget it anymore.
Of course, it does not mean to say that you will not take a rest. After all, sleep is the best weapon to keep you young and make your antibodies active. What Sister Pia means is that, during your working time, you have to give your best. She adheres to this quotation "Doing ordinary work extraordinary well."
Got to continue my conversation with you tomorrow. That's all that I can say for now.

No comments: