Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Visit to Palompon

Yesterday, Auntie Ely and I left a home around 7a.m. Our destination is Palompon but we made two stops before reaching the place. First, we dropped by Silad, Villaba. Ate Danah waited for us there. Second, the three of us (Auntie, te Danah and I) went to Tagbubunga, Villaba to fetch our would-be tourist guide - Tita Lor.

I studied Kindergarten in Palompon. In 1986, Palompon was a very familiar place to me. In fact, I can go around on my own around the town without me being lost. It is 2008 already. As far as I can remember, after Kindergarten studies, I seldom visit Palompon. The last time I can recall was when I was in third year high school.

Because of the length of years when I have not been there, I felt like I miss the place and I am sure there are many changes which I have to see. So that I would not be lost, I asked Tita Lor to go with me. Ate Danah liked the idea of going with us, Palompon is not a familiar place to her too.

Monday is Palompon's market day (tabo). We enoyed buying wet and dry goods. I really love to visit places. There is something in traveling that excites me. When you travel, you braden your horizon, right? You meet different kinds of people, you can observe varied customs, etc.

Well, I have only been to some parts of the Philippines. Going abroad is only one of my wishes for now. Someday, I know I will be able to fulfill that dream...

1 comment:

Marianne Abe Pasayloon said...

Gosh! We are really sisters te...
We don't just have physical similarities but also dreams....
I also dream to go to other countries. (hehehe)