Sunday, September 28, 2008

On Responsibilities

One of my favorite lines in the movie "Spiderman" is "The greater your gifts... The greater are your responsibilities."
If you have noticed, I was not able to post a blog yesterday. I went to the Division Office to join the Conference with the Leyte Division English Supervisor and five other chosen teachers. I am the youngest in the group. The Conference had three agenda:
a. plan for the Division Schools Press Conference
b. organize writers for the Division Publication
c. strategize funds for DSSPAA
Some teachers envy my situation because from time to time, I am called to do some tasks as requested by the Division Supervisors.
First, I did not volunteer.
Second, they have to know that every call connotes responsibilities.
Maybe they just think about the perks that are coupled with it. Crabs are in the sea. We are humans and we must not act like crabs. God has been so good that He has blessed me with some skills and talents which I know I have to share.
Most people would like to shine but they are afraid of the dark and much more that they are afraid of responsibilities. "It is in the dark that the star shines."
I also believe what Saint Jose Maria Scriva said that if you wish to go to heaven you have to do simple tasks extra ordinarily well.
Only the perks are what most people see but they should know that behind these perks are the responsibilities that have to be accomplished.

No comments: