Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Winner

Remember I mentioned about Chamber Theater Competition and Declamation Contest practice during the past few weeks?
Today was the schedule for the Area III (Calubian, Leyte, San Isidro, Tabango, & Villaba)Literary-Musical Competition at Leyte Agro-Industrial School, Leyte, Leyte. The participants and I together with Mrs. Laurente, Mrs. Peñaranda, and Mr. Ancajas left school at 6a.m. We arrived at LAIS around 8a.m.
Guess what? Our school entry for Chamber theater was declared as a champion.
Regarding the Declamation, I still consider the student I have trained as a winner. Why? Because I know the distinction between declamation and dramatic monologue. The one declared as a winner presented the latter.
I know, I cannot just have it all. Anyway, I am contented being the winning coach for the Chamber Theater. Also, I did not give much focus on the declamation. Most of the time during the practice, I have devoted it to Chamber Theater Presentation.
I still wish that during the Division Literary-Musical Contest, MRVNHS will bring home the bacon for Chamber Theater.

No comments: